to the order of the Rector of
the Law Enforcement Academy
under the Prosecutor General’s Office of
the Republic of Kazakhstan
dated “__” _________2019, No. ___
conducting an entrance exam to the magistracy and doctoral studies of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. Exam Procedure
1.1. The procedure for conducting the entrance exam to the magistracy and doctoral studies (hereinafter – the exam) is determined by the admission rules to study at the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan, approved by order of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 13, 2015 No. 101 and this Regulation.
1.2. The exam is conducted in the form of a comprehensive exam in writing form in the following disciplines:
– magistracy educational program “7M04203 – Jurisprudence” – “Theory of State and Law”, “Criminal Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, “Civil Law”;
– magistracy the educational programs “7M12301, 7M12303 – Law Enforcement” – “Theory of State and Law”, “Criminal Procedure Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan” “Administrative Law”;
– doctoral educational programs PhD “8D04201- Jurisprudence”, “8D12301- Law enforcement” – “Modern problems of the general theory of law”, “Theory and practice of applying the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in law enforcement”.
1.3. The examination time is 3 hours, with a break of 10 minutes after completing the theoretical task. The starting time for the exam is the time the examiners received the last exam material. The start and end time of the written exam is fixed on the board by the member of the Commission.
1.4. The examination ticket consists of the following parts:
– magistracy 3 theoretical questions – the theory of state and law, criminal law, criminal procedure law, civil law, administrative law, the solution of a situational problem – criminal law of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– doctoral study 2 theoretical questions – current issues of the general law theory, theory and practice of applying criminal, criminal procedure, civil, administrative legislation, solving a situational problem – theory and practice of applying criminal law.
1.5. For each examiner, 4 blank sheets are given in the magistracy, 3 blank sheets for the answer of a certain sample in the doctoral program, each of them is signed by the chairmen of the admission, examination committee and the Assistant Rector for internal security, and also has a bar code. Answers are accepted only on the issued sheets. Answer sheets are filled in the sequence corresponding to the numbering of questions of the exam ticket. Having completed assignments on theoretical questions, the examiner submits answer sheets to a member of the commission or to the audience on duty.
1.6. To solve a situational problem, the examiner pulls a ticket and takes the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1.7. The answers sheets of those who enrolled in the magistracy and doctoral studies are stored in educational affairs until training completion at the Academy.
2. Rights and obligations of the examinee:
2.1. The examiner has the right:
– use the Criminal Code in solving situational problems;
– after completing theoretical tasks, leave the audience, lasting no more than 10 minutes.
2.2. The examiner is not allowed:
– carry and use mobile devices, smartphones, flash drives, etc. in the building of the Academy;
– falsify data in the answer sheet;
– transfer your exam materials to other examinees;
– leave the audience after performing theoretical tasks, except in cases of emergency medical care;
– use others help to complete a written assignment;
– use cheat sheets and other educational and auxiliary information in the relevant disciplines;
– violate the schedule for the written exam (write on the answer sheet before and after the exam);
– take examination tickets or other materials from the audience;
– delay the delivery of the exam ticket and answer sheets after the allotted time.
2.3. If the examiner violates this Regulation, the decision on further participation in the exam is determined by the person on duty in the audience, as agreed with the chairman of the examination commission.
3. The appeal
3.1. The Appeals Commission accepts and reviews applications from individuals entering the magistracy and doctoral programs to dispute the examination content and review technical errors.
3.2. The Appeals Commission may decide to add points to the person who appeals the results of the entrance exam in the specialty, in the case of a positive consideration of the application.
3.3. The application for appeal is submitted to the chairman of the appeal commission by a person entering the magistracy and doctoral programs.
3.4. Applications for contesting examination materials and revising technical errors are accepted until 13.00 the next day, after the announcement of the results of the entrance exam, and are considered by the appeal commission during the day of the application.
3.5. The appeal commission works with each person individually. If the author of the appeal does not appear at the meeting of the appeal commission, the application may be rejected.
3.6. When considering the application by the appeal commission, the person who filed the appeal provides an identity document.
3.7. The decision of the appeal commission is made by a majority of the total number of members of the commission. In case of an equal vote, the vote of the chairman of the commission is decisive. The work of the appeal commission is formalized in a protocol signed by the chairman and all members of the commission.
4. Eradication of entrance exam materials
4.1. After completing all stages of the exam, after 30 working days, the exam materials are eradicated (exam tickets, as well as answer sheets that have not been received by the Academy) by burning or mechanical grinding until they are restored to a state that excludes the possibility of reading the contents or reusing them.
4.2. To eradicate the exam materials, a commission of at least three people is created.
4.3. Eradication of exam materials is documented in an act.