to the order of the Rector
of the Law Enforcement Academy
under the Prosecutor General’s Office
of the Republic of Kazakhstan
from November 6, 2018 No.82
on the Teaching and Methodological Council of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. General regulations
1. This Regulation on the Teaching and Methodological Council of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – Regultation) determines the legal and organizational basis for the activities of the Teaching and Methodological Council of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – TMC).
2. The TMC is an advisory collegial body that operates in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Education”, regulatory legal acts of the authorized state body in the field of education and science, the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Charter of the Academy, as well as this Regulation.
3. The TMC’s goals:
3.1. determination of the system of postgraduate education, professional training, retraining, advanced training of law enforcement officers, persons entering the law enforcement service for the first time, except for serving in internal affairs bodies
3.2. improvement of curricula, educational programs, teaching materials;
3.3. development of automation systems for managing the educational process and scientific research;
3.4. improvement the efficiency and development of the scientific and educational activities of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the Academy).
2. Directions of the TMC activity
4. The tasks of the TMC are:
4.1. planning and coordination of educational activities of the Academy;
4.2. organization of monitoring the quality of methodological support of the educational process;
4.3. methodological support and improvement of the educational process;
4.4. compilation and dissemination of best practices in the organization and improvement of educational and methodical work;
4.5. organization of work on the introduction of new and improvement of existing technologies, methods and means of education;
4.6. development of proposals for the development of automation systems for managing the educational process and scientific research;
4.7. making proposals to improve the professional level and participate in the certification of teaching staff of the Academy;
4.8. planning and recommendation for the publication of educational and educational-methodological literature.
3. Organization of the TMC activities
5. The TMC is headed by the Chairman – the Vice-rector of the Academy, who supervises educational and methodical work. The Chairman of the TMC has a deputy from among the members of the TMC, who acts as Chairman in his absence.
6. The TMC includes: the Chief of Administration, directors, deputy directors, heads of departments, heads of departments of postgraduate education and professional development institutes, heads of the International Cooperation Department, the Division for the Development and Maintenance of Information and Communication Systems, the Department for Monitoring and Evaluation of Quality educational activities.
The composition of the TMC is approved by order of the Rector of the Academy.
7. Organizational and technical work is performed by the secretary of the TMC. The secretary ensures preparation of materials for meetings, keeps protocols of meetings, notifies the members of the TMC about the meeting date and agenda.
8. The TMC carries out its activities in accordance with the annual work plan, discussed at the first meeting of the TMC in the new academic year and approved by the TMC Chairman (we suggest to leave it as amended).
9. The TMC meetings are held at least 1 time in two months. The agenda of the next meeting of the TMC and its materials are sent to the TMC members in a week.
10. The TMC decisions are made by a simple majority of votes of the members present, if there is a quorum. The quorum is at least half of the number of members of the TMC. The TMC solutions are made in the form of protocols.
11. The TMC decisions are advisory in nature.
12. The TMC Chairman reports once a year on the results of the TMC activities at a meeting of the Academic Council of the Academy.
13. Organizational support for the activities of the TMC is carried out by a division of teaching and methodological support of the Institute of Postgraduate Education.
4. Rights and obligations of members of the TMC
14. A member of the TMC has to:
14.1. participate in the work of the TMC, contribute to the achievement of the goals established by this Regulation;
14.2. timely and accurately carry out the instructions assigned to him;
14.3. if it is impossible for a valid reason to participate in the TMC meeting, prior to its commencement, notify the TMC Chairman, and within 5 days, send proposal in writing form on the issues under consideration.