Approved by the order of
Prosecutor General of the
Republic of Kazakhstan from
August 13, 2015 No. 101
Admission rules to the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan which implements professional training programs for postgraduate education
Chapter 1. General regulations
1. These Rules for admission to the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan which implements professional training programs for postgraduate education (hereinafter – Rules) determine the procedure for the candidates admission for studies in the magistracy and doctoral studies of the Law Enforcement Academy under the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – the Academy).
1-1. Training in the magistracy and doctoral studies is carried out in full-time education. Depending on the category of students, learning using distance learning technology is allowed.
2. Formation of a contingent of magistracy and doctoral students of the Academy is carried out by:
1) placing the state educational order for the specialists training with postgraduate education.
2) the admission plan, approved by order of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan, for training using distance learning technology.
3. The admission of candidates for the magistracy and doctoral studies of the Academy is carried out on a competitive basis based on the results of the entrance examinations.
4. The admission of documents to the magistracy and doctoral studies is held annually from 3 to 25 July.
5. Entrance examinations to the magistracy and doctoral studies of the Academy are held from 10 to 20 August, enrollment – until 25 August.
6. The deadlines for accepting documents and entrance examinations are extended or postponed by the decision of the Rector of the Academy.
Chapter 2. The procedure for admission to the magistracy and doctoral studies
7. Law enforcement officers who have mastered professional higher education curricula and have at least three years experience in law enforcement can be accepted to the magistracy of the Academy.
8. Law enforcement officers who have at least five years work experience in law enforcement service, graduated from a magistracy of a scientific and pedagogical direction or graduated from a magistracy of a specialized direction and in condition of mastering additional development of educational programs of a pedagogical profile can be accepted to the magistracy of the Academy.
9. An admission committee is created at the Academy, the composition of which is approved by order of the Academy’s rector in order to receive documents and organize entrance examinations for master’s and doctoral studies.
10. An admission committee is formed in the composition of the chairman, secretary and at least three members of the commission.
The chairman of the admission committee is the rector of the Academy, who supervises the activities of the admission committee.
The secretary of the admission committee is appointed by the employee of the Academy.
11. Admission committee:
1) carries out consideration of the documents submitted by candidates for study specified in paragraph 14, 15 of these Rules, and determines whether candidates are suitable for admission.
In the presence of incriminating information (disciplinary, administrative responsibility in court, violation of the Code of Ethics for civil servants of the Republic of Kazakhstan, misconduct, discrediting the law enforcement service, ongoing internal investigations, etc.), the admission committee will return documents to the student without further their consideration.
At the same time, a letter is sent to the head of the law enforcement agency indicating the poorly performed work on the selection of candidates for admission;
2) consider complaints and applications regarding study admission;
3) forms candidates lists for study;
4) considers the issue of admission to the number of magistracy and doctoral students of the Academy, taking into account the results of the examination committee;
5) analyze the results of the admission of candidates for study and formulate proposals for further improvement of work.
12. The activities of the admission committee are carried out in accordance with the work plan. Admission committee meetings are held as necessary.
13. Decisions of the admission committee are drawn up in a protocol in arbitrary form and are adopted by a simple majority of votes if there are at least two-thirds of the approved composition. If the votes are equal, the opinion of the chairman of the admission committee is decisive.
14. Candidates for admission to the master’s program of the Academy submit the following documents to the admission committee:
1) a report addressed to the Rector of the Academy in the form according to Appendix 1 to these Rules;
2) a copy of the higher education document with appendix;
3) a copy of the certificate of passing a foreign language test under the programs specified in paragraph 22 of these Rules (if any);
4) statement of the territorial or central law enforcement body, in the form according to Appendix 1-1 to these Rules;
5) the conclusion of the internal (own) security service about the presence or absence of incriminating information (bringing to disciplinary, administrative liability in court, violation of the Code of civil servants, misconduct, discrediting the law enforcement service, as well as ongoing internal investigations);
6) six photos 3×4 centimetre size;
7) a copy of the identity document;
8) a list of scientific and scientific-methodical works (if any);
9) certificates or diplomas for participation in scientific conferences and competitions (if any);
10) copy of the attestation sheet for the last period of service;
11) a characterization from the last duty station signed by the head of the body;
12) certificate of experience in the law enforcement service issued by the personnel service;
13) medical certificate form 086-U, in the form approved by the order of the acting Minister of health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated November 23, 2010 № 907 (registered in the Register of state registration of normative legal acts № 6697);
14) extract from the orders of the last assignment of a special rank, class rank, or qualification class;
15) personal form of accounting personnel;
16) the original receipt of payment for a foreign language testing services.
15. Candidates for admission to the Academy’s doctoral program submit to the admission committee:
1) the documents specified in subparagraphs 1), 3)-16) of paragraph 14 of these Rules;
2) copies of documents on higher and (or) postgraduate education;
3) a copy of the certificate to the main diploma on the development of educational programs of pedagogical profile (for candidates who have graduated from the master’s degree profile direction);
4) justification of the planned dissertation research, agreed with the alleged domestic scientific consultant in the form according to Appendix 2 to these Rules.
16. The Secretary of the admission committee issues a receipt to the candidate for acceptance of documents in the form according to Appendix 3 to these Rules.
17. Acceptance of documents from candidates is done in condition of their compliance with paragraphs 14, 15 of these Rules.
Chapter 3. The procedure of the entrance examinations
18. An examination commission is created for the period of the entrance examinations to the magistracy and doctoral studies at the Academy.
19. The examination commission shall be established for the examination of the relevant educational programs of magistracy, doctoral studies and shall consist of the Chairman, Secretary and at least three members of the commission, two of whom shall be appointed from among the candidates or Doctors of Science or PhD. The composition of the examination committees approved by order of the rector of the Academy.
20. Candidates applying to the magistracy, doctoral studies of the Academy take the entrance examinations:
1) a foreign language (English, German, French by choice);
2) in the specialty.
21. Programs of entrance examinations for magistracy are formed on the basis of standard curricula for higher education disciplines.
Programs of entrance examinations for doctoral studies are formed on the basis of professional training programs of the magistracy.
22. Candidates for studies with international certificates confirming the proficiency in a foreign language in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference (standards) for the possession of a foreign language are exempt from the entrance exam in a foreign language for a master’s or doctoral degree in the following examinations:
English Language: Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Program (TOEFL IPT – not less than 337 points), Test of English as a Foreign Language Institutional Testing Program Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT, not less than 60 points), ( TOEFL – not less than 500 points), International English Language Tests System (IELTS – not less than 5.0);
German language: Deutsche Sprachprufung fur den Hochschulzugang (DSH, Niveau B2 / level B2), Test Da F-Prufung (Niveau B2 / level B2);
French: Test de Français International ™ (TFI – not below the level of B1 in reading and listening section), Diplomed ‘Etudesen Langue franzaise (DELF, level B1), Diplome Approfondide Langue franzaise (DALF, level C1), the TEST deconnais sancedu français (TCF – not less than 300 points).
23. Entrance examinations in a foreign language are conducted according to the technology developed by the National Testing Centre of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
24. The exam in the specialty for applicants to the magistracy, doctoral studies is conducted in the volume of professional curricula of the previous level of education. The form of the entrance examination for the specialty is determined by the Academy independently.
24-1. Results of entrance examinations are announced on the day of their holding.
25. Retake of entrance examinations is not allowed.
26. An appeal commission consisting of a chairman and at least two commission members is established in order to ensure compliance with common requirements and resolve disputes during the entrance examinations for magistracy and doctoral studies.
The composition of the appeal commission is approved by the order of the rector of the Academy.
The appeal commission accepts and examines applications from candidates entering the magistracy or doctoral studies that do not agree with the results of the entrance examinations, the content of the examination materials, including for technical reasons.
27. An application for appeal should be addressed to the name of the chairman of the appeal commission by the candidate entering the magistracy or doctoral candidacy, before 13.00 pm the day after the announcement of the results of the entrance examination and is considered by the appeals commission within one day from the day of the application.
27-1. The appeal commission works with each person individually. In case of absence of the person on meeting of the appeal commission, his statement on the appeal isn’t considered.
28. The decision of the appeal commission shall be adopted by a majority vote of the total number of members of the commission. In case of equality of votes, the vote of the Chairman of the commission shall be decisive. Work of the appeal commission is formalized by the protocol in any form signed by the chairman and all members of the commission.
29. The protocols of the examination and appeal commissions are transferred to the admissions committee of the Academy within one working day from the date of the meeting.
Chapter 4. The order of enrollment in the magistracy and doctoral studies
30. Candidates who have scored a threshold score on the results of the exam on educational programs of training of postgraduate education (on a 100-point scale of assessments, according to Appendix 4 to these Rules) are enrolled for training in magistracy and doctoral programs. The threshold score is set annually by the decision of the Academic Council of the Academy.
31. In case of the same amount of points, the candidates with the greatest experience in law enforcement service receive the preferential right to enroll.
Then the scientific achievements corresponding to the profile of the chosen specialty are taken into account:
1) scientific publications, including rating scientific publications;
2) certificates of scientific developments;
3) certificates about awarding research scholarships, grants;
4) certificates or diplomas for participation in scientific conferences and competitions.
32. On the basis of the protocol of the admission committee, the Rector of the Academy issues an order for admission to the magistracy and doctoral studies.
33. The Academy concludes a contract with staff enrolled in a magistracy, a doctoral program.
The contract is signed by the rector of the Academy, the employee enrolled in the magistracy or doctoral studies, the head of the central or territorial law enforcement agency, who sent the employee to study, in the form according to Appendix 5 to these Rules.
34. The Admission Committee sends to the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan a final report on the results of the admission, as well as copies of orders for admission to the magistracy and doctoral studies of the Academy.
36. The issues that are not regulated by these Rules shall be resolved by the admission committee in accordance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.